We’re building a personalised healthcare service that can change the way people approach their health.
We want to create a product that millions of people use to understand what’s going on inside their bodies — allowing them to improve their health today and catch any small issues before they become big issues.
We’re always working to make our product as personal as possible. So that people are getting the insights that they really want about their health — whether that’s trying to improve their sleep or live for longer. We’re also building a unique data set that will allow us to learn more than ever about people’s health and predict issues before they even occur.
What it's like to work here
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re creating something entirely new and we’re aware that we don’t know everything. So we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve peoples' lives. We set quarterly goals which means you’ll always know what you’re doing tomorrow is going to help grow the company over the next few months.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
What we are looking for
We’re looking for talented engineers who believe in what we’re doing as a company and understand how their skills can help us get there! We want people who are passionate about what they do and love to learn new things.
You should enjoy spending time thinking and reasoning with your team about the best approach to a problem. We’re a small team so while you might be more focussed on one area of the stack, you should relish the challenge of jumping into other areas to help out.
We currently work with the following technologies:
- Ruby, Rails, - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
You should have:
- Experience working with Ruby and Rails
- A good understanding of how to write well structured and well tested code
- Experience with designing, building and securing RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of database design
- Good understanding of security risks and best practices
- Experience working with AWS and a good understanding of how best to deploy and scale infrastructure
- Very competitive salary with twice yearly salary reviews
- Equity options depending on your experience
- 28 days holiday a year (+ bank holidays) for some well deserved time off
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or the odd day working from home
- 2% contribution to your pension
- Monthly team activities including away days to Cognac, escape challenges, terrarium building and pottery workshops
- Annual “treat yourself” budget
- Advanced Thriva tests each month
- A well-equipped central London office (Clerkenwell, EC1V) with plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine
Thriva is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying to for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Tom is really looking forward to reading your application!