Check out our careers information more for information on life at Thriva - https://thriva.co/careers
The product team are responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research through to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies like Xero, Deliveroo, and Google.
Why work with us?
Thriva is on a mission to put better health in your hands, with tools you can trust, advice you can action, and the support to get you there. You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re extremely ambitious and are creating something entirely new, so we’re aware that we don’t know everything. We’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve peoples’ lives.
Most of our work spans across multiple areas of the business which means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
We need you!
We are building an awesome product and to do that we need another Product Designer to join our growing team. You’ll be focussing on helping customers understand how their health is changing over time, providing information on how they can improve, and ensuring they engage with Thriva in the right ways and regularly enough to give them the best chance of success. In your current role you will already be:
- Experienced working through the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Demonstrating an understanding of UX and UI principles and best practices, particularly for the web.
- Making well-reasoned design decisions based on customer needs and business goals.
- Adept at working on complex digital products
- Passionate about user-centred design and spending meaningful time with users regularly
- You’ll be consistently aiming to improve your understanding of whole product, our customers’ needs and the constraints and challenges we face that impact what we design and build.
- Translating customer insights into fully interactive experiences.
- Using qualitative and quantitative data to iterate on products or features
- Thinking in systems and flows, not isolated pages or features. You love creating scalable and reusable elements, components and systems.
- Using Sketch, InVision, Abstract and Zeplin (these are some of our tools!)
- You’re excited about scaling products and want to help us reach millions of customers.
In addition to these, any experience in the following would be beneficial for this specific role:
- Working on a data oriented product
- Working on clinical/health products
- Designing products that drive regular engagement
- Helping promote new habits or behaviour change
- Working in a startup environment
In return, we will ensure you have:
- Competitive salary with twice yearly salary reviews
- Equity options
- 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) for some well deserved time off
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or the odd day working from home
- Monthly team activities. Previously we have had, away days to Cognac, escape challenges, terrarium building and pottery workshops
- Pension contributions
- Annual “treat yourself” budget - from massages to books to days out. Be kind to yourself on us!
- Advanced Thriva tests each month
- A well-equipped central London office in Farringdon with plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine (training will be provided…)
What happens next?
Once we receive your application, we will review it as quickly as possible and reply to you with next steps. If we haven’t selected your CV please don’t let that put you off applying again. We get a lot of applications and sometimes it’s just not the right match. Because we get so many CV’s we cannot provide you with individual feedback.
If we move on to the next stage we will arrange a brief 30 minute intro call where we can tell you more about us and chat through what you are looking for. This is a chance for you to ask as many questions as you like! Calls are better done in a quiet place, so please pick a time where you know you are going to be free and not in the queue in a coffee shop or sat at your desk!
From there, there will be a couple of other stages. We appreciate your time is valuable and you will have other interviews, so we will aim to get through them as quickly as possible.
We will always provide you with feedback from any of our interview stages.