Very competitive salary plus equity, depending on experience
London office - EC2A
Have a whale of a time, with a great team, building meaningful products
At Thriva, we are on a mission to empower people to take control of their health. We think that we will soon look back and think it was crazy how little we tracked and understood our internal health and Thriva is going to be the one to change that. Hopefully with your help! We’ve started by making it simple to track the most valuable internal health data and we’ve built a platform on top of a slick home testing service. That's just the start. We’re a growing team of tech, product, marketing and medical people with fantastic investors.
What we are looking for
We are looking for talented engineers who believe in what we are doing and want to help build a world-class product. We want people who are passionate about what they do and love to learn new things. We believe being humble is a really important quality. Startups are hard enough as it is, we try and bring as much fun and weirdness to the office as we can. While we are a health tech company, we are also all human. We like to eat and drink things that aren’t always good for us, just not all the time. If this sounds exciting, get in touch today.
- You can write semantic HTML and well structured, maintainable CSS/SCSS and are comfortable working anywhere in the stack.
- You are quick to learn new technologies, languages and frameworks but understand that shiny and new isn’t always the best tool for the job and can reason about what the right choice is and why.
- You care about code quality and maintainability but don’t optimise prematurely and understand when it’s right to make tradeoffs to get things in front of customers.
- You have designed and developed REST APIs and have a good understanding of HTTP and ideally understand what makes a good public API.
- You have experience working with the AWS suits of tools or similar.
- You have experience or an interest in building native mobile apps.
- You have worked with technologies such as Redis and RabbitMQ and understand how and when they can help.
Technologies we currently use:
- Ruby, Rails
- Vue.js, Node
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Heroku, AWS
- Very competitive salary plus equity, depending on experience
- Regular team activities such as away days to Cognac, escape challenges and brewery trips
- Flexible working hours to accommodate your preferences, whether its early starts or late finishes
- Lots of time off, with 28 days paid annual leave (excluding bank holidays) to enjoy some all important time away
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Well equipped central London office (EC2A)