Junior Doctor (Part-time)
Meet our clinical team!
The clinical team help ensure Thriva continue to deliver an outstanding and valuable service to customers. That means helping shape the interpretation, advice and content customers receive, managing our network of GPs who report on results, or feeding in on product strategy. The team have worked for many years in the NHS, in particular as GPs, but also come with start-up experience and a passion for innovation in healthcare.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re creating something entirely new and we’re aware that we don’t know everything. So we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives. We set quarterly goals which means you’ll always know what you’re doing tomorrow is going to help grow the company over the next few months.
We are trying to create a truly personalised product for each customer. That means delivering tailored insights and advice to each person based on their own health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live for longer. We’re also building a unique data set that will allow us to learn more than ever about people’s health and predict issues before they occur.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
We need you!
We are building an awesome product and to do that we need a Junior Clinician to join us on a Part-time basis.
You'll be helping the clinical team deliver an outstanding service, specifically:
- Reviewing clients’ blood tests and providing written interpretation of results to help us to improve our personalised health reports.- Helping improve our platform and the way that we deliver health information to customers.
- Undertake clinical audits and other quality improvement activities to ensure that we are working in a safe and efficient way.
- Assist the non-clinical staff in responding to clinical queries from clients. These include our direct consumers, and also specialists who use our B2B product.
We are looking for a Doctor who has completed their foundation training with first class academic credentials who wants to apply their skills and knowledge in a highly ambitious way. . You must be excited by the prospect of entering the world of start-ups and open to learning new ways of working, whilst maintaining your clinical practice.
You must have excellent clinical acumen and be adept in critically reviewing scientific literature. Being able to demonstrate an interest in disease prevention, functional medicine, nutrition or lifestyle medicine is a real plus.
However we believe in continuous learning so some things we would like you to start doing would be:
- Blog writing
- Working cross functionally to develop a commercial understanding of the business and contribute to future product development
In return, we will ensure you have:
- Competitive salary with twice yearly salary reviews
- Equity options
- 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) for some well deserved time off
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or the odd day working from home
- Monthly team activities. Previously we have had, away days to Cognac, escape challenges, terrarium building and pottery workshops
- Pension contributions
- Annual “treat yourself” budget - from massages to books to days out. Be kind to yourself on us!
- Advanced Thriva tests each month
- A well-equipped central London office in Clerkenwell with plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine (training will be provided…)
What happens next
Once we receive your application we will review it as quickly as possible and reply to you with next steps. If we haven’t selected your CV please don’t let that put you off applying again. We get a lot of applications and sometimes it’s just not the right match. Because we get so many CV’s we cannot provide you with individual feedback.
If we move on to the next stage we will arrange a brief 30 minute intro call where we can tell you more about us and chat through what you are looking for. This is a chance for you to ask as many questions as you like! Calls are better done in a quiet place, so please pick a time where you know you are going to be free and not in the queue in a coffee shop or sat at your desk!
From there, and depending on the role, there will be a couple of other stages. We appreciate your time is valuable and you will have other interviews, so we will aim to get through them as quickly as possible.
We will always provide you with feedback from any of our interview stages.
Thriva is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying to for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!