Very competitive salary plus equity, depending on experience
Central London office - EC2A
Working hands on out throughout the stack as well as helping us become a great engineering team
Have a whale of a time, with a great team, building meaningful products
At Thriva, we are on a mission to empower people to take control of their health. We think that we will soon look back and think it was crazy how little we tracked and understood our internal health and we are going to be the ones to change it, hopefully with your help! We’ve started by making it simple to track the most valuable internal health data and we’ve built a platform on top of a slick home testing service. That's just the start. We’re a growing team of tech, product, marketing and medical people with fantastic investors.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a talented all round engineer who believes in what we are doing and wants to help build a world-class products. The role will include a mix of hands on engineering work as well as helping to define and oversee some of the processes that help us write and ship great code, have fun doing it and all become better at what we do. We want people who are passionate about what they do and love to learn new things. We believe being humble is a really important quality. Startups are hard enough as it is, we try and bring as much fun and weirdness to the office as we can. While we are a health tech company, we are also all human. We like to eat and drink things that aren’t always good for us, just not all the time. If this sounds exciting, get in touch today.
- You are quick to learn new technologies, languages and frameworks but understand that shiny and new isn’t always the best tool for the job and can reason about what the right choice is and why.
- You care about code quality and maintainability and understand when it’s right to make tradeoffs to get things in front of customers.
- You have designed and developed REST APIs and have a good understanding of HTTP and understand what makes a good public API.
- You enjoy making architectural decisions and are able to see through them through into production.
- You have opinions on what makes a great engineering culture and can work with the rest of the team to put this into practice.
- You have experience working or leading teams in an agile environment and are used to things like code reviews and pair programming.
- You understand the value of having a great data/analytics stack and how to achieve this.
Technologies we currently use:
- Ruby, Rails
- Vue.js, Node
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Heroku, AWS
- Very competitive salary plus equity, depending on experience
- Regular team activities such as away days to Cognac, escape challenges and brewery trips
- Flexible working hours to accommodate your preferences, whether its early starts or late finishes
- Lots of time off, with 28 days paid annual leave (excluding bank holidays) to enjoy some all important time away
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Well equipped central London office (EC2A)