Senior Data Scientist
Check out our careers information more for information on life at Thriva - https://thriva.co/careers
The product team are responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research through to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies like Xero, Deliveroo, and Google.
Why work with us?
Thriva is on a mission to put better health in your hands, with tools you can trust, advice you can action, and the support to get you there. You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re extremely ambitious and are creating something entirely new, so we’re aware that we don’t know everything. We’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve peoples’ lives.
Most of our work spans across multiple areas of the business which means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
We need a talented data scientist to join a new team within Thriva, focussing on helping customers understand how their health is changing over time, providing information on how they can improve, and ensuring they engage with Thriva in the right ways and regularly enough to give them the best chance of success. You’ll also be helping the whole company make great data-led decisions by assisting with our general product analytics.
In your current role you will already be:
- Experienced as a data scientist and working with teams to help them make good decisions or build better products
- Proactively looking for ways in which data can help us achieve wider business goals
- Working very closely with engineers or designers and can talk comfortably about how to best solve problems.
- Building complex, maintainable and performant SQL queries
- Demonstrating a strong grounding in statistics
- Developing and maintaining ML models (preferably in Python) and working with engineers to get them into a production environment
- Helping others within the business to answer their own questions through BI tools (we use Looker)
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and are able to give and take feedback constructively.
- Enjoying formally or informally mentoring or helping other members of the team develop
In addition to these, any experience in the following would be beneficial for this specific role:
- Working on clinical/health products
- Building products that drive regular engagement
- Developing scoring algorithms
In return, we will ensure you have:
- Competitive salary with twice yearly salary reviews
- Equity options
- 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) for some well deserved time off
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or the odd day working from home
- Monthly team activities. Previously we have had, away days to Cognac, escape challenges, terrarium building and pottery workshops
- Pension contributions
- Annual “treat yourself” budget - from massages to books to days out. Be kind to yourself on us!
- Advanced Thriva tests each month
- A well-equipped central London office in Farringdon with plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine (training will be provided…)